The Old Town Hall in Bamberg is one of the most important buildings that characterize the historic city center.
The emblem symbolizes the reign of former border between the bishop of Bamberg and the civic center. It is built into the river Regnitz and the Upper and Lower Bridge (originally a private bridge) run away from him. Inside, the belonging to the museums of the city of Bamberg, Ludwig Collection is on display, one of the largest collections of porcelain in Europe.
was mentioned in 1387 and renovated the Town Hall for the first time in the period 1461-1467 and actually rebuilt, so it took the form known today. In this phase it was mainly influenced by the Gothic.
Johann Jakob Michael Küchel designed, however, the town hall in the years 1744-1756 in the style of the Baroque and Rococo. Are worth mentioning in 1755 by Johann Anwar created murals. Both sides of the building is complete with allegorical scenes and architectural details, the typical illusion of painting in this period, decorated. Small, indeed anthropomorphic elements on the east side enhance the spatial impression.
The resident in Bamberg bishop wanted to give the citizens for the establishment of a town hall nothing of his land. Then the cunning citizens stakes in the proposed Regnitz and thus created an artificial island on which they built their city hall. The old rule Regnitz marks the boundary between the episcopal and civil mountain island city.
Source: Wikipedia
0 comments:
Post a Comment