as the most beautiful city hall of Saxony has been called to the Werdauer town hall in the district Zwickau, and already with a first look at the photo can easily understand this claim.
the town hall was built at the beginning of the last century and 26 April 1911 in the presence of John Ludwig Karl Gustav Gregor Philipp inaugurated. This gentleman was none other than the last king of the Kingdom of Saxony, better known under the name of Friedrich August III.
The town hall is decorated with a facade of Postaer Elbsandstein with beautiful sand stone work. Above the entrance to the city coat of arms is attached. The state rooms, the registry office of the City Hall and the council chamber in oak and rich wood sculpture executed. were
In June 1910 the clock tower was built, City Hall also received two attractive bronze bells, but already expropriated in 1917 confiscated and replaced with two iron bells. Until 2004 was the town hall then bronze bells from a living in the U.S. citizens were donated.
The tower has a viewing platform, located about 35 meters in height and has a lovely view over the city. From the platform of two ladders leading into the bell tower.
the hammer of the bell is connected to the movement of two cables. The movement of the clock tower is located at the foot of the spiral staircase that leads to the observation deck.
Source: Online presence of the city Werdau
the town hall was built at the beginning of the last century and 26 April 1911 in the presence of John Ludwig Karl Gustav Gregor Philipp inaugurated. This gentleman was none other than the last king of the Kingdom of Saxony, better known under the name of Friedrich August III.
The town hall is decorated with a facade of Postaer Elbsandstein with beautiful sand stone work. Above the entrance to the city coat of arms is attached. The state rooms, the registry office of the City Hall and the council chamber in oak and rich wood sculpture executed. were
In June 1910 the clock tower was built, City Hall also received two attractive bronze bells, but already expropriated in 1917 confiscated and replaced with two iron bells. Until 2004 was the town hall then bronze bells from a living in the U.S. citizens were donated.
The tower has a viewing platform, located about 35 meters in height and has a lovely view over the city. From the platform of two ladders leading into the bell tower.
the hammer of the bell is connected to the movement of two cables. The movement of the clock tower is located at the foot of the spiral staircase that leads to the observation deck.
Source: Online presence of the city Werdau
0 comments:
Post a Comment